Part of the BIA's mission is to promote professionalism withing the building industry. We believe quality education is crucial to every professional's success. As such, our Professional Builder and Remodeler Members and participants in the AGC-SIF Workers Compensation program must fulfill certain educational requirements each year.
The BIA offers a host of in-house educational seminars throughout the year to aid in understanding a variety of aspects of the industry, ranging from:
- A wide range of construction related safety topics & OSHA training
- Building Code updates
- EPA Lead Paint RRP Certification
- First Aid / CPR Certifications
- Business management seminars
- "Best Practices" for various building product installations
- Trends in design / technology
- NAHB Designation Seminars, including Certified Aging-In-Place Training
- A wide range of building science,energy efficiency & technology seminars at the annual Midwest Residential Energy Conference
View the Calendar tab to find up-coming education. Easy online registration is available for any class/event you are interested in.
Annual Continuing Education Requirements for BIA Members